Microsoft Word file types have the following extensions: *.doc, *.dot for Microsoft Word 97-2003 and Microsoft Word 2000-2003; and *.docx, *.dotx, *.docm, *.dotm for Microsoft Word 2007-2016.
The subpages in the Microsoft Word settings node are:
- The Common page which deals with the way content is extracted for translation.
- The Styles page which deals with text styles, which, once applied to text, trigger the exclusion of text from translation.
- The Non-translatable texts page which deals with the way SDL Trados Studio identifies and extracts non-translatable text.
- The Footnotes page which deals with how footnotes are extracted for translation.
- The Text boxes page which deals with the order in which text boxes are processed.
- The QuickInsert page which deals with the way special characters, tags or format text is processed in SDL Trados Studio .
- The Font mapping page which deals with the mapping of source fonts to target fonts per specific languages.