I am a freelancer with more than 10-year experience, I provide Desktop Publishing Service to Translation/Localization Companies.
Desktop publishing (DTP) is the creation of documents using page layout software on a personal (desktop) computer. It was first used almost exclusively for print publications, but now it also assists in the creation of various forms of online content.
Desktop publishing is the process of turning your original copy into beautiful and ready-printed documents. Desktop publishing software can generate layouts and produce typographic-quality text and images compared to traditional typography and printing.
When Are Desktop publishing Services Needed?
Once the translation is completed, the translated text needs correcting in terms of length. In mostly cases, the TARGET text is much longer than the SOURCE text and it means that DTP services must be ultilized. DTP software will format the text and graphics, if any, and match to the original document.
I will use properly the DTP services to correct all documents after the translation is completed. I will review each page to ensure that there are no formatting issues and I also compare to original materials.
If you need to translate a PDF file, a booklet, a manual or any other types of document with images or a set layout, you will need to use my DTP services. Desktop publishing services adapt your content and images to a set document-standard preserving your message across all markets.
I will have a complete setup for all of your DTP requirements including the Pre-delivery Quality Analysis and Quality Assurance before delivering any project to you.
Quality Assurance (QA)
I always prioritize the quality at every steps of the process. I scrutinize my desktop publishing service to ensure that there are no special character issues, no truncated or orphaned text and all spacing is performed properly according to style guides or best practices. This can create a perfectly formatted manual or document which makes you trust me.
When checking the layout of the files, I apply strict criteria such as checking punctuation, headers and footers, titles, numbering and graphics, as well as updating cross-references, tables of contents and indexes, etc.
The standard list for QA Quality Assurance check involves these activities:
- Fonts are correct
- Size of text is correct
- Formatting paragraphs
- Check if alignment is correct
- Paper size is same
- Headers and footers (if available) are same
- Quotation marks are correct
- Check if bold, italic or underline text is in same place as source
- Check for double spacing, periods, commas, etc.
- Check for spaces before commas
- Check for spaces before periods
- If there are tables – rows and lines have to be same as source
- If there are lines – check position and size
- If there are pictures – must look same as source
- Check the spaces around pictures (left, right, top, down)
- Make sure there are no missing period
- If there are bullets check with original
- Check for missing parts and sentences
- Check that links are updated
- Check for superscripts and Unicode
- Make sure that graphics are localized
- Check margins
File preparation for translation
Most Translation/Localization Companies have engineering team to do file preparation for translation. However, some companies may find it difficult to prepare files in DTP and translation projects so that in some cases, I am willing to create Bilingual Files to accomplish that step for Translation/Localization Companies. Therefore, project managers in Translation/Localization companies can send to translators. Translators can translate on Bilingual Files or import Bilingual Files on CAT Tools to translate as Trados, Memoq.
I will carry out the DTP process after receiving target files.
Desktop Publishing Language
I provide multilingual desktop publishing (DTP) services in all languages around the world, including Right to left (RTL) languages and Left to Right (LTR) languages.
I can work with Western languages (like French, Dutch, German, Portuguese), and languages that use non-western scripts (like Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai), languages that use bi-directional scripts (like Arabic, Hebrew, Urdu, Farsi) and Indic languages (like Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil etc).
Desktop publishing Software
I provide services in almost all software, include:
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe PageMaker
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Word
What so attractive about the my DTP service?
- 24/7 services, no minimum charge, no rush fee, no expertise charge
- More than 10 years experience.
- Rate starts from $3, discount will be offered in order to seek stable partnership.
- Ready to take any challenge and deadline for any DTP project.
- Project delivery in defined time frame.
- Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
Multilingual DTP Sample
My DTP products will ensure my quality services. Because of the security and assurance of clients, I can not supply you the project which I had finished. However, I am willing to work free with the Translation or Localization project (Under 10 pages) to ensure with the Multilingual Desktop Publishing (DTP) quality and my professional working style.
I am willing to do a free DTP test to prove the quality of my service.